Thursday, June 5, 2008

Happy Birthday to my Love!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANE!

I think that most people start a blog with a big life-changing experience, like getting married, having a baby, or moving far away. Well, my excuse is that Dane and I have wanted to do this for a while but never felt like we had the time, or a good time to start it. So here it is, our blog. I put it together for Dane's birthday and surprised him with it last night--along with a few other surprises.

Without his knowing of the plan, we celebrated his birthday yesterday with a big surprise party (literally bursting out of the seams of our house). I was so happy with how many of his friends showed up for the big surprise. I invited over 25 people, of course thinking that half or a little more would show, and there were only a few people who called me at the last minute to tell me they couldn't make it. We were crowded, but it was a lot of fun. Dane was so happy to be able to see everyone there. Thank you to all who came and all who couldn't. We love you! I think it says a lot about Dane's character for how many good friends he had there. He is one of the best friends anyone could ever ask for!

I am so grateful to have Dane in my life. He is the most wonderful, caring, fun, loving, exciting thing that has ever happened to me. He is one of those people you cannot help but love. Even when I try to be even a little mad, he always seems to make me laugh and forget all about it. I love him soooooooooooo much. He is such a strength to me, emotionally, academically, and spiritually (even physically...he can change the battery in the smoke detector without any effort, let alone a chair; he can reach every little nook in our tall cupboards for me, and do much much more!)

I love you Dane!

Happy Birthday!


Dane and his cake:

Some of Dane's friends at our place:

10 comments:

Aubrey said...

Happy Birthday Dane - hope you have a wonderful day and we love seeing pictures of you two!

Alysa Stewart said...

happy birthday, dane! bridget -- the blog looks great!

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday Dane!!! It was so fun to hang out with you guys!

Maryblog said...

Happy Birthday! I hope it was a great day! Our Blog is rbandmb.blogspot.com

mom/Janet said...

What a sweetheart of a wife to throw a surprise party for you. You've got it good Dane. Happy Happy Birthday.

Aunt Beth said...

Boy, I could use a tall man now and then.

What a great post Bridget. More fun ways to keep up with some of my favorite people!

Have to agree with your mother Dane - you've got it WAY good.

Aunt Beth

Katie Smith said...

Happy Birthday Dane! We are so happy to be getting to know you and Bridget better. Thanks for letting us be at your party. We had a blast!

Oh, and welcome to the blogging world. Nice to have you.

Grace said...

Happy Birthday Dane! I'm sure we would have come if we still lived there...and were invited.

Dale said...

Happy Birthday to my #1 Gangstah!! Hope it treated you well and hope 22 feels good. I would have to say that was my favorite year thus far.

Leslie and Alan said...

WE agree with everything Bridget said about Dane. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANE! We love you and are so glad you are part of our family.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...