Thursday, June 19, 2008

"do you have any candy?"


I just had to post a quick little story today about our latest visitors these few days. I think it all started about a week ago when we had a little knock at our door. Dane and I both looked out to see who it was, as the top half of our front door is a window. We didn't see anyone! I couldn't imaging that we had been door-bell-ditched, so I got up and opened to door to find 4 little kids, each about, ummm....5 or 6 years old? They were so cute. The first thing out of the mouths was, "Do you have any candy?" We had a little conversation through which I learned that they had been to most of the houses on our street and were still empty handed.
For those of you who don't know, yes, Dane and I are still on that no-candy thing that all started on his mission, but when those cute little eyes were looking up at me, I remembered the stash of movie-candy that we got for our wedding with a big popcorn bowl, popcorn and lemonade. (BTW, what a great wedding present idea!) We have been saving it all this time for something, and I guess it was these little girls. Man they are so cute.
We sent them away with hands full of M'nM's, but not before I made them say "Trick-or-treat!" That was really cute too, and they have been back several times since then. Yesterday we gave them an otter-pop and whoppers. I wonder when is the next time they will come back....umm probably today!
We may run out of candy soon, but I want to keep at least a little bit on hand so that they will keep coming back.
Now that I think of it, I used to be those little girls. Does anyone remember the Ryders? They were this little, sweet, old couple who lived on the other side of my neighborhood who we always used to go visit, just for the purpose of getting candy from them. I aways wondered if we bothered her, but now that we have our own little visitors coming, I think I understand a little how she felt. It is really fun to have little peeps come say hi!

7 comments:

Abbie said...

Are you really still on the no candy diet B-dogg? :)

Leslie Ann said...

I totally remember the Ryders. How fun that you have your own little visitors. You are so sweet to be so excited to share candy with them

Bridget said...

there has been a holiday amendment added to the diet... ;)

mom/Janet said...

I need to make comittments like the 'no candy' in my life. It would make a huge difference in a lot of things. As for the little girls seeding candy - - I think I would ask them, the next time they come, if there mom lets them have candy. I'd hate for you to get in trouble. (isn't that a sad thing to have to think about) How sweet for you, though, to have those visitors.

Rachelle said...

Bridget! I was happy to stumble upon your blog. What is your current e-mail address so I can invite you to mine?

Katie Smith said...

That is so funny! So nice of you to stock those little ladies up with the candy goods. I must admit, however, that I'm a bit shocked their parents let them run door to door asking for candy from strangers! I guess it's not much different than Halloween.

Haylee said...

I am glad they came right out and asked for candy. My friend and I used to pretend like we were on a scavenger hunt, with a list of things to get, and we had everything checked off but a candybar and a cookie. Man! I was naughty!! Love you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...