Sunday, June 8, 2008

The day of closed

Yesterday was the day of closed places for Dane and I. It seriously got to the point where it just became funny. It all started out when we drove to Sandy for me to go to a baby shower of one of my dear friends, Allison (Ross) Steck. Dane had heard about this great deli in Salt Lake that was famous for selling over 100 different hot sauces, so we decided to head over there before going home because we were already over half way there from Provo. We found it easily, parked and then as we walked in, the woman at the counter said, "We're closed! We close at 3:00 on Saturdays." Dane told her that we had come all the way from Provo, but she didn't seem very sympathetic. My thought was, "Why was the door open?! It was almost 5:00, and we just walked in..."So we got back in our car and headed back home, with little idea of what had just begun.

Since we were in the car and had time to drive, we thought it would be a good time to exchange something Dane got for his birthday that we had in the car with us. The store was in Springville and guess what? It was closed too. It wasn't very late in the day and we still didn't really have plans for the night so we headed home and stopped at a couple bike shops on the way. We have been wanting to get a bike for me for a while so that we can bike together to school, and other places. We have done a little looking around and found one that I really liked, but wanted to check out some other places before purchasing...The first bike shop we went to was closing, and we went in for a few minutes. It was just long enough to figure out how much I really like the one we had already found, and how great the deal was. So we decided to go back there and check it out again. We were even thinking maybe we could go on an evening bike ride! Well, it was closed.

We were getting really sad at this point, and just went home. Mike and Katie Smith's place is on our way and they were out playing in their garden when we went by. Dane said, "The Smiths aren't closed!" so, we stopped and said hi to them for a little while. Jack even decided he wanted to go for a little walk with us. It was a good way for us to be cheered up a little, but by the evening we weren't exactally in the mood to go anywhere else and decided just to watch a movie. I went to RedBox and stopped at Smart Cookie on the way home to get a little treat. Note: for anyone who wants to know, cookies are probably Dane's favorite thing (besides me, of course) in the whole entire world. He loves them. He would rather have a cookie than any other treat, or maybe food too. And Smart Cookie is his favorite place to get cookies. I have to agree, they are amazing. So I pulled up, and started laughing as I saw a sign on the door that said, "We will be closed Saturday 6/7/08. Come back Monday for more cookies!" Of all days to be closed, Smart Cookie picked the most ironic one for us. I couldn't help but laugh.

6 comments:

Abbie said...

I'm glad you were able to laugh. I think I would have been fed up and put out. I want a bike too... maybe I can pine over the one you buy.

Katie Smith said...

We will always be open for you! Sorry it was such a day of "closure" for you, but I'm glad you were able to have good attitudes about it.

So...you gonna get the bike? I guess if you can ever get to the store when it's open, huh?

mom/Janet said...

How about the bikes at the gym? We were open all day Saturday. Wish you would have come by here!! We missed you two while hanging out on Saturday.

Emalei Ambrosio said...

Yay! I just found out today that you guys have a blog! Another blog to add to my list of daily readings! :) Love you guys!

Lori and David said...

Bridget! It was so fun to see you at Allison's shower and catch up. Glad that life is treating you well! Fun blog! I love it!

Aunt Beth said...

Were you beginning to think someone was trying to send you a message?? Thank goodness the Smiths were open. How fun to have good friends as close-by neighbors.

Aunt Beth

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...