Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween!

So, Dane and I just wanted to give you a little update on our Halloween adventures. Our ward had a party on Friday night and we weren't able to go because I had to work, so we decided to have a little Halloween get together at our place Saturday night with some friends, good food, treats and games. Thanks to everyone who came and all the fun you brought. It was so good to have a night with friends!!

What did we dress up as? Well, that is a great question. I am never really good at costumes, but this year our inspiration came when we were cleaning out our closet and getting rid of some clothes that neither of us have worn for a long time. Dane pulled out a red, plaid, flannel shirt he got some time ago and wanted to give it to DI. I was really hesitant because I remembered how badly he had wanted this shirt and had not worn it as much as we were hoping. I told him to throw it back in the closet and we might be able to use it for a Halloween costume some day. After that, Dane knew what we would be for Halloween this year:Do you remember these guys? Paul Bunyan and his big, blue, ox, Babe!


Somehow Dane's beaver, "Stever" made it into this picture too :)


Like my tail?


What did you all dress up as
this year?

10 comments:

Mary and Adam said...

Those are such cute costumes!! haha I love it!! I was lame this year and didn't dress up...I was going to turn my pregnant belly into a giant egg, wear devil horns, and go as a deviled egg, but my plans fell through when I procrastinated and couldn't find what I needed! You guys looked awesome though!

rmgrimmer said...

Creative! Dane makes a good Paul Bunyan for obvious reasons. haha

Aunt Beth said...

VERY clever you two. Altho Dane makes a good John Bunyan, I'd NEVER think of you as a blue ox Bridget. Never. I'd say based on the costumes, a good time was had by all.

Aunt Beth

Melissa DeLeon said...

Very cute! And, such creativity.
I was a flight attendant and Monico was the Phantom of the Opera... not as couple-cohesive as your costumes were. :)

KasiaJ said...

Hehe, you were totally a babe for Halloween! I love it. Sorry we couldn't make it- we had planned on at least stopping by, but after all the family visiting, Mim was just done and super cranky and tired.:( It sounds like it was awesome, though (your parties always are!).

made sweet said...

i love it bridget!! so cute and creative.

Haylee said...

Oh my gosh!!! YOu are so awesome!! That is the best costume!!! Way to go you creative people!

SaRa MaRiE said...

Bridget you are so pretty..Even if your dressed up as a cow :P
We missed you at the movies last night!
-Sara (Carrols lil sis)

Brittany said...

so creative! i actually had some creative costumes (which NEVER happens) this year but my bump-on-a-log husband didn't want to dress up. lame. so maybe i'll remember them for next year.

good job guys!

Jeanna said...

I was a very beautiful Birthday Witch. Which means I get to wear a fun witch hat with feathers and do my make up as beautiful as possible, wear black with a pretty green scarf (New for the birfday) and look gorgeous. My birthday, my rules! :)

You guys did a great job, I love creative costumes!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...