Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I will give you one, wild, guess...

So, can any of you recognize this city?:


I will give you some clues.
1. It is the 4th largest city (population wise) in the United States, and 6th largest (metropolitan wise).

2. everything is BIGGER there.

3. It often--well, hopefully not TOO often, has received distress calls like ______, we have a problem!



I would not have been able to recognize it just from the picture, but this is a city scape that Dane and I are both about to become a lot more familiar with--Houston, TX. So, for those of you who didn't know yet, Dane has been accepted to an internship program for Continental Airlines, Jan-April 2010! To say that we are excited is an understatement. We are greatly anticipating this great adventure, and I am sure that Dane can tell you a lot more about this later, but I just wanted to get the word out.

We will miss so many of you here it Utah, but don't worry, it is only for 4 months, and we will be back!

8 comments:

Savannah said...

Wow! That is so awesome! Adam always wanted to become a pilot and I think he kind of regrets not following that path. I always tell him that someday, if we're rich, he can get his private pilot license. :) CONGRATS! That's super cool!

mom/Janet said...

I guess we won't be visitng Provo for four months. We're excited for you both.

Jessica Dunlap said...

Hey Bridget! Glad things are going well for you two! I love Houston! In fact, my brother in law and his wife just moved there. If you want their contact info, let me know - they've been there a year and may be able to help with apartment shopping, good areas of town, etc. Wishing you happy adventures!

Sarah F said...

I've heard that's a great city to live in! It looks really nice in the picture too! :)
How exciting for you guys!!

Mimi said...

That is SOOOO exciting! Congratulations, Dawnaysboot! You are going to have so much fun in Houston. We'll be freezing out here all winter and thinking of you in the nice Texas weather.

Aunt Beth said...

Guess I've been a bit behind the times but this is terrific news. What a nice time of year to live in TX vs. UT in terms of cold weather.

Very impressive dear. Good for you. Sounds like a good, solid next step.

And that flight simulator experience - oh my gosh. I can't even imagine the thrill. I mean, I feel a bit of excitement just getting on our little 50-seaters here in Syracuse and there's my newphew running around in a 757 simulator. Way to go boy!

Aunt Beth

Sara said...

I think you might fall in love with Texas. I've been there- I know how great it is.

CONGRATULATIONS!

Robnz Fam said...

Hey B, I'm just thinking of you! We got back this morning and I have been at work since then...Vacay's are great, but then you have to come back to work ;0). Hope you are doing great, and when do you leave again??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...