Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A sweet treat!

So I don't expect too many of you to understand the magnitude of this, but I wanted to share it anyway. Yesterday, the 3rd of Nov., I flew to Houston to interview for a winter internship with Continental Airlines. While I was waiting for my return flight back to SLC I got to hang out at the Flight Training Facility. I was hanging out with a couple of the current interns, and they arranged a rare opportunity to sit in a full-motion 757 simulator.

This is what a 757 looks like... for those who don't know. :)


This is what a full-motion sim looks like.


This is what the inside looks like. It is an exact replica of a 757 cockpit. This is a $40 million piece of equipment! Super accurate.


They let me Fly!! I did a take-off, circle around the airport and landing!


An awesome experience!

4 comments:

Melissa DeLeon said...

No, I totally understand how cool that opportunity was. What I am even more excited about was your internship interview. Congrats!!

Dale said...

Way to go brother...but know that I am super jealous too!

Jeanna said...

Dude! Dale told us you flew a 757 glider and I was like,hmmmm, ok. NOW I GET IT! DUH! I must have misunderstood.....that is pretty freaking sweet!!

mom/Janet said...

I know this was a great opportunity for you. Can't wait to hear about the internship.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...