Saturday, October 11, 2008

The most wonderful time of the year!

Welcome fall!  Last night after a wonderful event on campus for married students at BYU planned by my dearest (about which a post is soon to come!), as we walked to our car, it was the first night in a long time that I thought, "ooh, it is a little chilly out here, I should have brought a jacket."  The cool crisp air of fall is finally here!  I love fall.  I love everything about it.  I love the colors, the sweaters and going out of my way to step on a leave that looks particularly crunchy.  
I do feel a little gipped though.  Is it just me, or does fall seem a little late this year?  I guess it is on the 10th of October, but how did it get so cold all of a sudden?  It was really warm, meaning in the 80's, all September and now it is supposed to snow today?!!  What?!  
I am remembering all too well what winter felt like last year as I now sit next to our heater with my cold little toes trying to absorb every ounce of warmth that they can.  

Last winter was so cold, and I am NOT ready for that kind of cold yet.  I have barely started getting familiar with some of my light jackets this week, and have too many of them to just skip to the cold for now.  As I get older, I think I am becoming less tolerant of the cold.  So sad.  I sometimes can not understand how I not only, survived, but enjoyed the winters in my mission.  I remember it being cold, but always thinking it wasn't that bad.  Are you crazy Bridget?!!!  You rode your bike in the SNOW for almost 6 months?!  Who was I? 
 
Anyway, I am heading off to meet Dane at the BYU vs. New Mexico football game a little later today and have been told it is supposed to snow/rain.  I am excited to wear a coat, but not excited to have cold toes.  I need a little bit more of a transition time.  That is what fall is supposed to be...right?  

7 comments:

Bridget said...

ps- i got a new computer for graduation from my parents (THANKS Mom and Dad!) but for some reason, whenever I post pictures from THIS computer, no one can ever click on them to enlarge...help! Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be?

Abbie said...

You are so right. I always thought Utah falls were too short. Sad.

Aunt Beth said...

I'm in Boise this weekend and it's VERY cold due to temps plus high winds. Guess I won't be going to the 3pm soccer game! Too tempting to stay home and play games w/Bronte.

It was spitting snow when I drove over the Blue Mountains on Wednesday but nothing too serious accumulating at the time.

I loved your pic Bridget so I hope someone has a solution for you. Is your new machine a PC or a MAC? I ask because I'm on a MAC here and it's all new to me.

Aunt Beth

Bridget said...

AB, I have a MAC. I love MACs and they are pretty much the only computer I like to use. Dane has a MAC too, but doesn't seem to have any problems with pics.....hmmm....

mom/Janet said...

I love fall also but right now it's a little colder than I like for fall. Oh well, more hot cocoa and hot tub time.

Leslie and Alan said...

That is a gorgeous picture. As you are beginning to get cold, just know that today was our first really warm day. The ice cream vendors were out in droves as we move into spring.l

Jeanna said...

I love the colors. Red and orange are my favorite. I drive down my street towards my house and in the background I can see the fall colors on the mountain and I sigh with gratitude and contentedness.

However, it seems like we just got over the shell shock from the super long, cold winter. I need more time, too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...