Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Bring it ON!


For those of you who don't know, volleyball is just about my favorite game in the world to play--more than any sport, board game, anything.  I played in middle and high school and a little here and there at BYU, but not as much as I wished that I could have while I have been here.  It has been my dream of all dreams to some day be on an intramural volleyball team.  

This year, I had my chance.  The girls in my ward set up a team, and I was the first to sign up.  We started off the season with a pretty good start and actually won a few games.  I was ecstatic- not really expecting to win anything, but just have a good time.  (winning is a lot more fun than I thought it would be:). )

Anyway, so the tournament came about last week and we had a lot of good games behind us: a few loses, and some good wins.  We won our first game and just kept winning.  Before we knew it, we were faced with tonight's game, which we found out that if we won, we would only be ONE, yeah ONE, game away from winning the tournament in our devision!  We were excited and I was not sure if I was expecting to win or lose.  The other team was really great and we fought hard.  Lost the first game.  Won the second.  And then WON the next!  I still cannot believe it!  

We will be playing for the championship on Saturday at 11:00.  If we win, we WIN!  If we lose, it is double elimination, and we will have another chance to play a match and win!  Go team!

I never, ever, thought that we would ever come this far, but it has been really great!  I love volleyball!

3 comments:

Jeanna said...

I'm going to take this as a sign and get my behind over to the ward on Thursday night to play with the ladies. I've been invited but just haven't gotten up the nerve to join them. Now I will!

Congratulations and thanks for the inspiration!

mom/Janet said...

Good luck!!!!! I would love to see you play some time. I was always a little bit of a whimp when I played volleyball because the ball hurt my wrist when I got the chance to hit the ball. I was a good server, though.

Dale said...

Good luck Bridget. I wish I could be there to watch you guys. I'll be rootin' for you on Saturday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...