Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Homecoming Weekend

This is a few days late, but hopefully worth the wait.  Dane went to a ton of work to get the first ever, married student homecoming activity planned.  It was last saturday and  it was so fun.  We started planning it a few months ago, but it was stressing me out, and Dane wasn't stressed at all, so I asked him if he wouldn't mind, me turning it over into his hands.  He was great about it and has spent many long hours at the BYUSA offices working out all the kinks and details.  So, here it is:  
The event was called "Blue and White Laughs".  BYU Catering did a beautiful job setting up the tables.
Dane did a great job as our M.C. for the night:


During dinner, we had a special guest artist, Mindy Gledhill.  She is an LDS artist who sings both religious and secular music.  Dane always told me that basically every missionary in his mission fell in love with her through her voice...in a very missionary-ok-way of them.  (What's ironic about that is Mindy is from a town in Dane's mission!)  She brought a few friends to play the piano and guitar for her.  It was awesome.  
Here is the pianist, Mindy, Dane and me:
After dinner and desert, we had some more great entertainment from Comedy Sportz, a local improv group.  They were HILARIOUS!  And, for one of their final skits, they even acted out a day in the life of Dane and me.  They asked about what he had been up to the day before and some of my interests.  Here is a little video clip.  I am not sure it will be nearly as funny for you as it was for us, but just to let you know what was happening, Dane told them I was an artist (the dark haired guy is me, and is painting a painting of Dane at the beginning.)  Dane is played by the lighter haired guy and told them that he has been doing a lot of bike riding lately, and thus drinking protein shakes for breakfast.  Later that night, we went to a chinese restaurant for dinner....
Overall, it was a great night :)

7 comments:

mom/Janet said...

Looks like a very nice affair. Good for you two for spearheading it and Dane for not stressing out. I'm sure everyone had a great time. I'm proud of you.

Aunt Beth said...

Great job you two!! An affair like that is always a lot more work than one might anticipate and helps me appreciate others' efforts when I'm the one in charge.

What a terrific idea!

Aunt Beth

Bridget said...

p.s. funny story: Dane and I went to the gym this morning because I didn't have to go to school and Dane had work at 9. Guess who we saw at there? Mindy! Ha ha. Oh, and Dane also saw Rich Crandle, the head of the aviation program at UVU. Yeah, we role like that.

Dale said...

Congrats guys. I knew about this and am sad I'm no longer in Provo. Of course, you guys would have let me come even though I'm not married, right? One question though, you guys put this all together and hired BYU catering and then had to eat at a Chinese resturant? Sounds backwards to me. Looks like it was nice though.

Bridget said...

oh! the chinese restaurant was a different night...the night that comedy sportz was acting out...i just wanted to add that to help the movie make more sense...

Mary and Adam said...

I'm so jealous!! That looks like so much fun!! I love Mindy Gledhill too!! I wish we were still at BYU!! lol. Tell your hubby great job!

Leslie and Alan said...

Congratulations on a great event, Dane I remember when we saw you at the GBH .Building and you told me about it. That seems like a world away

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...