Monday, August 4, 2008

Finally, there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

To all who have been waiting (as have I) to finally find out where I will be student teaching, I am proud to make an announcement. I will be doing my first few weeks of the semester at "Freedom Academy". This is a charter school (k-8) south of Provo. And the next several weeks, I will be heading a little north to Lindon to work at Oak Canyon JHS....yeah, that stands for JUNIOR high school...ahhh. (just a little ahhh) I really do look up to my older brother, Alan, who teaches middle-school math. It takes a lot to not only be able to, but want to teach those years. That is just the age, ya know? Who wants to teach junior high/middle school? I am a little nervous to be completely honest, but mostly really excited. If I had my dream job, it would most likely be high school, but then again, you never know. I could love it! I am going to love it! It feels so good to finally know where I am going. For some reason, it feels so much more real now.

So, student teaching will be my last semester as a student at BYU. (It is ok if a tear came to your eye just now, there is a little one in mine.) I will admit, I am happy to be done, but I am going to really miss school. I love what I do. I love to learn, and I really love to be around other inspiring art students. I have loved my time at BYU.

11 comments:

Jeanna said...

Okay, my dear, dear cousins. Why oh why was I not informed that you have a blog? All this time. I feel bitter and angry that no one told me. I had to notice the link from Emalei's blog. Okay, I am going to stop my rant now.

I know Freedom Academy because some of the parents around here used to send their kids there. I think some may still be going there actually. I'll have to do some checking around. Glad you got an assignment. I am wondering about teaching school, too, English of course.

So cute that you give the little neighbor girls candy when they come around. That is so sweet...on so many levels.

Glad you are both blogging, I'm excited for the future.

Haylee said...

B!!! Congrats!!! Very exciting! Yes, a tear or two did come to my eye! I am sure you will do fantastic with the junior High kids! you will do fantastic!!! Good luck my love!!

Rachelle said...

Congrats on finally finding out I know how exciting that is. So are you actually doing your student teaching this semester? I know in ECE we didn't find out until like a week before but ElEd found out a semester before.
You will do great at student teaching it is really fun once you get started.

Bridget said...

Sorry dearest Jeanna! We should have told you sooner...glad you still love us!

Katie Smith said...

Congrats on the upcoming student teaching opportunities. I'm sure you will love them both, and more importantly, I'm sure you will ROCK at both. What don't you rock at?

If you ever have free time I'd really love for you to teach me how to be artistic. I'm not at all and I'd love to have some artistic knowledge.

mom/Janet said...

I'm sorry to have one more family member finishing up at BYU. We will miss that place too. It's been 9 years. Hope you have fun this next semester.

mom/Janet said...

I correct myself on the years at BYU. It's been 11 years since Emalei started. Love that place.

Aubrey said...

That's wonderful news Bridget - I'm sure you will do great and this will be an interesting experience for you.

rmgrimmer said...

That's great! Congrats Bridget! We're excited for you.

Aunt Beth said...

I don't think I can quote it exactly, but there's an added thought to the 'light at the end of the tunnel' quote you used to title your post. It goes like this: "Be sure the light's not coming at you!"

I have every confidence you will be successful in this major endeavor and will be leading the light vs. facing it.

Aunt Beth

Unknown said...

You guys are so dang cute. I am glad you left me a comment so I could get your blog address again! :) That pic of you two in the hats all "thug" style is pretty much amazing. :) and way to go with the plants. I kill basically any plant I touch. It's really sad, and I wish it wasn't true. Ha. See you guys on Sunday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...