Friday, August 29, 2008

Candle light dinner anyone?

So, amazingly enough, I was able to get up today and be somewhat productive.  I got some research stuff done and now have time to blog, but what to blog about...hmmm.  

As Dane and I still have a lot of catching up to do now that we can actually get pictures off of our camera, I was looking through some of the pics and decided to write about our pizza
 making.  Yes, we love pizza, and we love our pizza stone.  We have made some great pizzas over the last several months and I thought that I would share with you some of our favorite recipes:


Rachel Ray's "Blackened Chicken Pizza: with yellow tomato salsa"
1 Tbsp steak seasoning
1 tsp sweet paprika
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper or a few drops of hot sauce (option for the spicey lovers)
1/2-3/4 lb chicken breast, sliced thin
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
All-purpose flour or corn meal for dusting
pizza dough for 1 14" pizza (you can buy the dough mix or make your own)

about 1/2 lb shredded cheese of your choice (again monteray jack is an option for the spicey)
Salsa:
2 small yellow tomatoes seeded and chopped finely (roma tomatoes also work)
1/4 C chopped red onion
1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
2 Tbsp cilantro
2 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves
1 garlic clove, minced
the zest and juice of 1/2 lime
salt, to taste
Preheat oven to 450 degrees
Heat a large skillet over very high heat.  Combine grill seasoning and other spices above on a plate.  Press chicken into seasoning.  Add oil to screaming hot pan and cook chicken about 2 min on each side.  Remove from heat and chop finely.

Sprinkle corn meal onto pizza stone, or pan and stretch dough to make crust.
Mix ingredience for the salsa.  Scatter chicken, salsa and cheese over dough*.  
Bake 12-15 min, or until crust and cheese is golden brown.
Enjoy!




The next two are our inventions and very yummy!


BBQ Chicken Pizza (inspired by CPK)
(sorry, no picture, but it is really good)
1 chicken breast
1 C bbq sauce of choice
1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 C shredded cilantro
1/2 lb shredded mozzarella cheese
pizza dough
Grill the chicken breast and chop finely.  Then coat with 1/4-1/2 C bbq sauce.  Spead remaning sauce over pizza dough*, sprinkle chicken, onions and cheese.  Bake 10-12 min (450 degrees).  Sprinkle fresh cilantro and enjoy!




Margarita (inspired by Abbie)
1 can pealed, diced tomatoes, partially drained
6-10 fresh basil leaves (the basil is the key to making this yummy!)
mozzerella cheese (you can use shredded or use that yummy mosserella that comes in the ball, if using the ball,  6-8 1/4" slices)
pizza dough
Spread tomatoes over pizza dough*, scatter basil leaves and sprinkle cheese.  Bake 10-12 min and enjoy.



*One tip that we have found very helpful is to let the pizza dough bake at temp for 2 min. before adding sauce and toppings.  This make the crust less soggy and helps it to be a better pizza all around!

9 comments:

Abbie said...

Thanks for the recipes! Scott and I are definitely going to give them a shot. Is that fresh basil from the little seedlings I gave you oh so long ago? I would like to see a picture of the basil plant in case you would like to know what to post about next.

Anonymous said...

I can definitely agree with you, I love making pizza on my stone as well! You just gave me a dinner idea ;)

Jeanna said...

Yummy!! Those look so good. I'll be trying one of these very soon. The entire family would love it. Thanks for the 2 minute baking the dough tip as well, that makes sense and I never would have thought of it.

mom/Janet said...

Those all look good. Thanks for the recipes.

Aunt Beth said...

I'm trying to decide who's the luckiest of you two and it's a tie. Ain't life grand!

It would be hard to describe how much I love recipes. I went through all the books and most of the papers that belonged to our sister who died in June and it was so fun to see the recipes with her notes and all the splatters. You could tell the tried and true ones.

And I have to say that whoever helps Rachel Ray come up with ideas is brilliant. I am amazed at the variety and newness of her recipes. Yummo as my friend Pam would say. Maybe she got that little adjective from Rach herself!

BTW, your crusts look terrific. Don't know if you both take turns with them or what, but they sure look nice and probably taste even better!

Aunt Beth

Haylee said...

I made your BBQ chicken--it was super yummy!! I hope it is ok with you, I put the recipe on my blog:
hayleesfood.blogspot.com

Love you!!

r+s+a laney said...

HEY!!! we are seconds away from you and haven't seen you for months! call us so we can go get thai

Katie Smith said...

Homemade pizza is the best! Seriously, we have homemade pizza almost once a week. With a big salad on the side...delish.

Thanks for the new ideas. We are definitely going to have to try some of them!

Ashley said...

Your blog makes me hungry! We really want to hang out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...