Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Happy One Year!

Yes that is right, Dane and I have officially known each other for one year, today.  I know, all of you who are like, "What?!"  I kinda feel the same way.  I cannot believe it has only been that short of time.  I really feel like we have been together forever, like my life began, for real, when I met Dane.  
For those of you who do not know the story (I  am assuming there are not many), and those of you who would like to hear it again, here goes:

One year ago today, I had been invited up to Park City to reunite with some friends from my freshman year at BYU, Dale Smith and Jessica Fallon (now Garrett).  Dale and I had kept in touch since we both had returned from our missions and hung out a little.  It was a beautiful
 summer day and we had plans to hang out at a hotel where Dale and his little brother, Dane, were waiting for there parents, who were coming into town for a family vacation the next day.  
I was excited to swim and hang out with good friends, with no idea how cute the little brother would actually turn out to be, and how not little.

We spent a fun day in the pool, (I, unfortunately, was on the phone for a good portion of the time trying to get car insurance....not making a good impression...) and the brothers made
 dinner for Jessica and I that night.  At this point, I was glad to have hung out with Dale, thought Dane was fun, but didn't expect him and I to ever really hang out at a later day, even though I was secretly wishing he had a crush on me.  We called it a night, sort of, and as Jessica and I were about to be heading back to Provo, Dane asked for a ride, as he had to work the next morning at the BYU Bookstore.  

If you ask me, this is where our story began.  Dane introduced me to some of his music, bought ice cream for Jess and I to share, and we bonded enough on the car ride home that Dane
 suggested we hangout that night.  
At her apartment, with Michael Bubble and Josh Groban serenading us in the background, Jessica randomly became Dane and my ballroom dance instructor.  We danced the night away, and seriously become more hyper than I remember being in a very, very long time.  I don't know how it happened, but somehow we had out shirts stuffed with pillows as we glided, not so gracefully across the carpet.  I was so impressed at this point.  I could not believe how easy it was for me to be myself--my weird self around this boy that I had just barely met.  Jessica and her roommates all thought we were crazy and couldn't believe that we had just me that day.  
Dane was inspired and knew that we had a future in our dancing carreer.  
He insisted we become dance partners and that we must practice again.  Suavely, Dane retrieved my phone number, asked me out, and that next Saturday, we doubled with Jessica and a friend and continued our dancing (our first official date, according to me).  

I think Dane knew, he had to move fast and roped me in that night.  Yes, he did kiss me on the first date, and after that, we were completely hopeless.  We both knew at this point that there was nothing else in the world worth spending our time with, we became attached at the hip, and saw each other everyday after that until we were married.  (Well, technically, we did not see each other the day before we got married...we were still recovering from Christmas-time-flue/mystery sickness.)

I am so happy that we found each other on that beautiful summer day, one year ago.  Ours is a story that even I have a hard time believing when I look back.  Everything went so quickly, but I knew then and still know that it is so right.  I have never been happier, or more in love than I am now.  Thanks for a great year, my love!

P.S.  Thanks again for the beautiful flowers Dane!

6 comments:

Haylee said...

Wow! That was a lot to catch up on!! Fun times! Congrats on knowing eachother for 1 year!! Love and miss you!!

mom/Janet said...

Who would have thought one year ago today what would have transpired. I fell like you've been with us forever. I'm glad - - oh and we are glad to have Dane too.

Sarah F said...

you guys are such a fun couple. it looks like you do a lot of fun things together... speaking of, I was looking longingly at the Y, cause I want to hike!

Sarah Fryer

Jeanna said...

congrats to you both. nice flowers! those colors are amazing.

maggie-t said...

Hey girl! I just found your blog off of Katie's. Hope you don't mind if i start leaving comments.

Aunt Beth said...

Well, I for one had not heard the whole story. Thanks for taking time to type it up. Maybe I should have kissed on a few of my first dates.....

I've enjoyed all your catching-up blog posts the last few days and of course, the pics.

BTW, those pizzas sound yummo! Keep up the good work you two.

Aunt Beth

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...