Monday, September 22, 2008

Shoes of Amazingness


So, It's been a while since I posted, so I thought that I should post this morning to show everyone something pretty tight. So, a few weeks ago, Bridget and I ran into one of her friends from her major, and she had the sweetest shoes! They were hand painted with a custom design. Bridget told me she could do it, so I gave her some ideas. Below is the result. Today is the first day that I will wear them. I am very excited! If anyone is interested, Bridget will paint you a pair for $90. We also can buy the shoes, or you can send us a pair. If we buy your shoes, that will be included in the price. CHECK IT OUT!

I wanted a snowboarder on my shoes... go figure.

I have Pilot's Wings and wedding rings on the back. The man's ring
looks just like mine, but the other ring is nothing like Bridget's. It was easier though.

16 comments:

Abbie said...

I was worried you all had dropped off the planet. Nice to see you back and with awesome shoes to boot! They rock for shizzle. Maybe I'll get some cheapies and bring them over in November. :) Bridget, you're amazing.

Linnea said...

Awesome! They look great!
And Bridget - I need to bring by your paintbrush sometime soon.

Anonymous said...

That looks rad! Was it hard working with fabric paint?

Chillygator said...

Those are some dang sexy shoes!

Bridget said...

I did these in acrylic paint, not fabric. Acrylic dries basically as plastic, so it is durable, will last and hold up in weather.

rmgrimmer said...

Like Word

mom/Janet said...

I think you should get the word out with a web site or something. That is an amazing idea. What a talent you have.

Lori said...

Bridget-- these turned out awesome! Dane-- you are spoiled with a very talented and loving wife. :) Rock the shoes.

Jeanna said...

You really should do that for money. Get yourself a shop on etsy and advertise that the buyer can send you a photograph and you can duplicate it. Sweetness!

Brittnie said...

Hooray-I found your blog! Awesome shoes, what a cool idea! Anyways, our blog is at www/chiltrain.blogspot.com. Check us out!

Brittany said...

those are cool! well done bridget! i think jeanna's right. get an etsy shop! you should cash in on your talents! earn money for something you enjoy doing...

Aunt Beth said...

VERY impressive and creative.

I was almost as impressed with the different descriptive words used to describe Bridget's talent. I may need a dictionary on this site to know what some of the words mean. Here are a few:

rock for shizzle
like word

Aunt Beth

Bridget said...

Ps, if any of you want or know of anyone who would want shoes, I am still working out prices. I know it needs to be worth my while, but I also want people to be able to afford this, so I am thinking of offering a local/student price of $60 for a pair of shoes. Spread the word y'all.

aftonicole said...

I love the shoes! I saw em in class the other day! is the 60 bucks including the shoes, or just the paint? I want to get vera bradley shoes!

Katie Smith said...

Yeah, Bridget is pretty much the most talented girl I've ever known! Amazing job B. Can I be like you when I grow up?

Sarah F said...

Those shoes are the coolest! We love to snowboard, so I want some!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...