Monday, April 4, 2011

Weekend updates

I just wanted to post a few updates from the weekend. First, I had an awesome April Fool's day on Friday. I decided that goofy holidays like that should always be on Friday. The faculty at my school rotate who brings treats for our monthly training meetings and I was super excited that it was my turn with some other teachers. I brought mini hamburger.
April Fools! They are cupcakes with green coconut shavings, red frosting and brownie patties. The other teachers with me brought fake meat loaf (rice krispy treats) and kitty litter cake. They were all quite tasty.

Dane and I were able to spend the weekend at my parents' house and watch general conference. It was a much needed, very restful weekend. Lynlee got to hang out with a lot of family, including her cousin, Zoey. Here the two girls are with their daddies!

Last night before bed, Dane and I put Lynlee in her pajamas and were happy to see that she has graduated to her medium ducky outfit. And by medium, I think I need to give a little bit of an explanation. We bought a little newborn outfit for Lynlee before she was born because we saw it at the store and couldn't resist. She is wearing it in this picture. Then at 2 baby showers, we were given the exact same outfit but in 2 more sizes: 3-6 months and 6-9 months. We laughed and were thrilled to know that for the first year of her life or so, Lynlee with be able to sleep in duckies. I hadn't realized how much she had grown until we put the newborn size outfit next to her:

We are proud of you, Lynlee, Keep growning.

7 comments:

ruth said...

I love those ducky pajamas!! dustin has the same ones and I will be SO sad when he can no longer fit in them!!! they are sooo cute. And those "burgers"?? I LOVE them! we did that for fathers day a few years back and made "french fries" from sugar cookies we sliced to look like fries and then covered them in sugar (like salt). What a fun weekend! we were sick all weekend, so yours definately trumps ours :) your lady is the cutest!

Chillygator said...

Oh my gosh, she is so cute! I'm sad I didn't know you were in SLC. I want to hold her! I'll be down in Provo late Saturday afternoon if you're there.

And I'm calling you next year when I need something good (but not mean) for April Fools

Alie said...

There are a couple of pjs I wish we had several sets of. Jack is getting a little snug already in his 6-9 month footsie pajamas!

Mimi said...

Such cute goody ideas! I'll have to copy your idea sometime. I made some April Fools cupcakes too, but mine looked like peas and carrots, mashed potatoes, and spaghetti. So much fun!

Lynlee is looking so stinking cute. I just want to eat her!

Emily said...

i need that picture!

Aubrey said...

I think I saw those duckie pj's in the store yesterday and thought of Lynlee. Very cute. They grow so fast!

Aunt Beth said...

I'm thinking she's going to be the perfect size the first time I meet her. Can't wait.

Ducky job on those hamburgers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...