Monday, April 11, 2011

Welcome Spring!

Today was the first day of spring break, and oh, it has been wonderful. I have had a chance to get caught up on cleaning, grocery shopping, and have been loving the warm weather. The windows have been open all day and I love the smell and feel of fresh air in the house. MMmmmm. So great.

I have also been able to catch up on some unfinished projects. One of them was for our front door. We have a house number, but it is basically hidden by a tree and it makes our place really hard to find. So, we have been talking about putting something a little more recognizable on the door for a while. Had a great idea, but just never had the time to sit down and take care of it. So, thanks to my X-acto knife and a little help from my cricut, this is what you will see when you come visit us from now on:


Don't you think it will be easier to find our place now?
(And for those of you wanting to know, contrary to popular belief, we didn't move here just for the house number.) :)

5 comments:

Melissa DeLeon said...

"Like"

I know what you mean about fresh air. I opened my windows for a bit on Saturday. I love the smell of blossoms!

ruth said...

oooh i like it! Gotta love the cricut. it is really worth its weight in gold. i assume you guys bought a home??

Chillygator said...

I love it! It looks fantastic!

mom/Janet said...

That looks good. Glad you got that project done. Feels good to get long planned projects out of the way. I hear you also delivered some flowers to someone yesterday. I bet Lynlee is enjoying the warm weather. Keep enjoying the break.

Aunt Beth said...

LOVE the door. That house # couldn't belong to a more appropriate family.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...