Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Nashville

I am way behind on some of these posts, so they are going to be a little out dated. I know it really doesn't matter though, because I really want to have them all up here. I will say that the biggest obstacle I have had in getting these posts up, is a lack of good photos. Dane and I lost our digital camera several weeks ago (no, not the SLR one that we are borrowing from Kristy, but this little-fit-in-your-pocket-take-great-pictures-ans-video one) and have resorted to taking pictures merely with our cellular devices. This is usually not so bad if we are using Dane's phone, but mine is a little more ghetto and a little more difficult to get the pictures off of. So, after many, many frustrating sessions of trying to get pictures from my phone, this is all that we will be left with. *Also, the obviously higher quality photos are thanks to Abbie!


Several weeks ago, Dane and I flew to Nashville, TN to visit Abbie, Scott and Ella to celebrate her 2nd birthday. Dane's parents were there for the weekend too, and we are sooooo grateful to them for getting a place for us to stay too.

Once we landed at the airport, Dane and I were the last ones off the plane, and I took a minute to ask the first officer if he had any of those little "wings" that little kids can pin on their shirts. He graciously shared some with us for Ella and her little friend in the ward that LOVES planes. This of course struck up a conversation between Dane and the first officer about flying, Continental, and all that jazz. They instantly bonded. They spent a good twenty minutes sitting in the cockpit sharing experiences before the gate agents had to kick us out so they could board the next flight. Needless to say, we had already had a pretty good start to the whole trip.



Of course we had to visit the Grand 'Ole Opry. (Not that I actually knew much about it before going to Nashville, but this is Nashville!) We saw a great performance of about a dozen different country stars ranging from old to the new including, Easton Corbin and Trace Adkins. This was Louis' favorite part of the trip. :)



Most of all, it was fun to spend time with family, and especially see how grown up Ella has gotten! She is so big. Big enough to get bottles to feed her babies, and a broom to help Mama in the kitchen for her birthday. So cute. Thanks for being great hosts Abbie and Scott!









p.s. a few more things we will never forget from Nashville:
-Getting stuck in the airport and staying an extra day! So fun.
-Applebee's really isn't that great, no matter how hungry you are.
-Cupcakes. Need I say more?
-Ella laughing herself to sleep, and even in the middle of her nap.
-Ella saying "Oh, bless you!" to grandma's sneeze from across the wall when agian, she was supposed to be taking a nap.

2 comments:

Abbie said...

Yay! My favorite post! :) Man I wish you guys could come and visit again. I miss you.

Aunt Beth said...

From one Ella fan to another, THANKS!!

Is it me or was there a lack of heat while you were there? You and Ella are both wearing what I'd call outerwear indoors. I know I'm known for keeping my place cool, but didn't think Abbie would ever be guilty of doing likewise.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...