Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Spring Break Visitors

Last month, for spring break, I had the best treat ever. My sister, Elizabeth, packed up her car with pillows, blankets, scrap-booking supplies, and her two daughters, Emily(7) and Rebekka(12) and drove up to Houston from Austin to visit! (about a 3 hour drive) They stayed got to my apartment just in time for lunch on Tuesday and drove home that next Thursday. We watched good movies, made yummy treats and got out into the city to explore some fun stuff.

Wednesday was St. Patrick's day, so of course, Tuesday night, we had to brake in our TX-shaped cookie cutter and made a green treat.



Wednesday, Elizabeth and Emily went to the Children's Museum and Rebekka and I went for a run in Hermann Park. We went home, showered, packed lunch and picked up the museum goers with the plan to eat lunch in the park and head to the Houston Zoo. Well, it seemed as though everyone else in the world must have been planning the exact same thing because traffic was horrific. We spent basically the next two hours trying to just get close to the entrance of the zoo. We knew by the time we found a parking spot and actually got into the zoo, we would only have about an hour and a half inside, so we bagged it and went home.

Luckily, the next morning, we were able to get to the zoo a little after it opened and have a great time there.

(my computer is having issues, and I cannot seem to get these pictures to flip on the blog...grrr....)















I love you Elizabeth!!! Thank you so much for coming to visit. We will be making our way down to Austin soon!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I don't know if it is too late to comment, but that picture of you and rebekka with your faces close up. HOLY COW. I thought it was some trick picture for a second... I thought they were both you, then I realized you were you and then I finally figured out it was rebekka. wierd.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...