Wednesday, January 14, 2009

a work in progress

I guess I could be talking about a lot of things in my life right now.

I had two second-interviews this week at both of my top choice jobs. They went very well, but honestly I feel they could go either way. I will hopefully know by the end of the week if all of my efforts have been in vain and if I will start the grueling process over again...ahhhh the uncertainty of life.

Today was the first day that all of the time I have on my hands has started to weigh heavily. Isn't it strange how having too much time can be un-motivating? What is wrong with our culture? Or at least, what is wrong with me? Why is it that we have to be under stressful or time restrictive situations to get anything done? And at the same time, how often do we complain about not having enough time to get everything done that we need to...

So, in my lack of motivation today, I have started another work in progress, obviously the abundance of time is not helping me to be a very fast painter.
I am also in the process of starting up an Etsy shop for my shoes and possibly other creations in my life...however progress halted very abruptly because the first thing I had to do was create an Etsy user name. This user name will also become my Etsy address/title, and I am at a lack of ideas for what to call it. I want it to be catchy and memorable, describe what I do, but also be broad enough to allow multiple items, for example I can't do "custompaintedshoes" because I will more than likely add other things later......so, any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated. :)

11 comments:

Abbie said...

How about "Art by B-dogg"? Just kidding. I hear ya though. I'm thinking the same thing about a possible photography name. I've come up with one but I'll email it to you. :) It really doesn't have anything to do with me (other than part of the name is French) but I kind of like it.

Chillygator said...

I just saw that picture and screamed in delight. I'm so retarded.

I guess I'd better hurry and build that light box this weekend!

Melissa DeLeon said...

So that would be a big NO to "walking art" or "these shoes were made for painting" then, right? (hehe)
What about "bridgetsbeauties"? Although, I checked and "helpmepaymyrent.com" is also available...

Abbie said...

Ok. Melissa's comment made me laugh. I came back on though to say that I love those shoes!!

Jeanna said...

Eye candy
Bridget's Bon Bon's
Colorful creations
(can you tell I like alliteration?)
Wearable Works (of art)
Steppin' in Art

This was me brainstorming....maybe these will help you brainstorm even more. Let us know what you go with....I'd like to check out your shop when you have it up.

Bridget said...

Thanks guys! those are all really great suggestions :) I am still not sure what to do... Dane and I were brainstorming last night and came up with:

bYOUnique

BCreative

.....any thoughts?

Emily said...

I like "steppin into art" may be too long, but I do like bYOUnique to... Lots. Love you, you are creative!

The Breakwell Family said...

Hey Bridget! It's been a while since I've talked to you and I've totally not been up to date on checking others' blogs as of late, so it is great to hear the latest with you. So are you not going to be looking for an art teaching job or are you just talking about a job for right now? or have you looked for a teaching job and just haven't found one? Just wondering...because I am looking for a teaching job for this next year, but we'll see if one comes up...it seems like this current school year was the year for art teaching jobs...but I wanted to be at home with our baby for the first year. Hope everything is well with you. That's great that you started an etsy shop for your stuff (which is way cool by the way). I am actually in the process of starting an etsy shop too! Yay! go etsy!

Megan said...

Hey Bridget, I love these shoes!

Megan said...

Yeah, I just stumbled on your blog. It's good to see what you are up to. I'm now living in Hong Kong and will be here til the fall. Good luck! with everything you're up to...jobs etc.

Sophia Films said...

wow, i am so impressed. you are full of all this amazing craftiness i had no idea about! you should definitely start up some classes and teach us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...