Saturday, January 24, 2009

3 down, 3 to go...

Over the Christmas holiday, Dane, his family and I were inspired to get back into good habits.  We heard about this program online called One Hundred Pushups.  I had heard of this before, and always wanted to do it, so we all decided to start together.  It is basically a  week program that anyone can follow to help you build the strength to do 100 pushups in a row.  Yeah, that's right, all at once.  For all of you that think that sounds like a lot, don't worry, I thought it too, hence I had never done this before on my own.  It is actually a very manageable program and you only do pushups three times a week.  I am amazed at how much stronger I am already getting.

So, needless to say, today, Dane and I (and hopefully Dale, Abbie, and mom and dad Smith) finished our third week of the program.  It has been tough, but I am determined to do it.  Dane even commented to me today that he can tell he is getting stronger.  Yeah!  So, the point of this post was not to brag or to boast about some great accomplishment, but more for myself, I guess.  I have looked at week 4 and it does not look easy....we can do it!  (Just to give you an idea, today I did 5 sets of pushups ranging from 20-30 with a grand total of 122 pushups for the day!  I love this program and if any of you are interested, you should check out the link above.  

Yeah for new year's resolutions!
 

6 comments:

Abbie said...

I'm still behind because of Ella being sick for two weeks. :( Boo. I'll be starting week two...

Emalei Ambrosio said...

Bravo to both of you! Seriously, I feel like I have no room in my life for working out. Sad. Very sad. But, maybe I can do this. I'm looking into the link.

PS: I MISS MISS MISS you guys. It was so fun to hang out so much at Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link...I am definitely going to do this!

Jeanna said...

This sounds super interesting...Harold and I will be checking it out. I need some more strength, everywhere!

Sarah F said...

DUDE i'm so glad you had this on your blog. I am inspired, and I'm recruiting chris and we're DOING IT

Katie Smith said...

Hooray for push-ups. They rock! I'm glad you've been sticking with it and feeling stronger. Isn't that such a cool feeling?! Good for you!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...