Friday, May 27, 2011

Airline service to Provo!

A few months back, Frontier Airlines announced service from Denver Int'l Airport into Provo! The inaugural flight out of Provo will take place on June 21st, with the first flight leaving around 8:00 in the morning. They will have one arriving flight and one departing flight each day, with dozens of connection options that can be made through their network in Denver. Their Denver hub is their biggest hub, thus making the options almost all encompassing on a national scale.

This is their route map. Click to enlarge.


This is the jet type they will be flying in. An Embraer 190... a relatively new mid-size regional jet.
The best news about them coming to Provo? The prices are comparable to flying them out of SLC... in many cases even cheaper!

As an aviation student/nerd, I am excited to have a large commercial jet coming into Provo regularly. I think it is good for the economy and to help the Provo airport grow.

Also, Frontier is acting as a type of Guinea Pig for other airlines... if they are successful, then more airlines will be attracted to fly into and out of Provo.

I was thinking about the benefits of this the other day. I already ride my bike out to the airport all the time for school. It takes be about 20-25 minutes from where I like in east Provo. I could lock up my bike and be in Denver within 2.5 hours of riding away from my house! It would be so fun to just go to Denver to visit family, go to a Rockies game, enjoy some food, and fly back. That is so much more attractive than driving all the way up to SLC, parking, fighting lines at security, etc.

Please, spread the word on this service!! It is good for our local economy, and so convenient!

1 comment:

Aunt Beth said...

What income stream, pray tell, will be paying for you to fly to Denver for a Rockies game??

BTW, congrats on winning the advertisement contest. I'm impressed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...