Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Birthday Celebration! (part 2)

So, the celebration continued in the middle of the week last Wednesday. Dane had told me a few weeks ago, that I was not allowed to work this day so I arranged my schedule and appointments to be able to take this day off. I had a nice morning and was really able to relax without the mental burden of thinking I had to go to work in a few hours. It was nice. Dane surprised me with an amazing evening he had been planning for weeks. First, we met my parents at one of my favorite Vietnamese restaurants in Salt Lake, Shanghai Cafe.
Next, Dane surprised me with tickets to one of our favorite bands, Mae. This is a band that Dane introduced me to the day we met a few years ago. They were playing at "In the Venue". It was a great Show! We were pretty close to the front the whole time. All three of the opening bands were great, they even came out and danced with us for a lot of the show. The only thing that we would have changed, is I wish Mae would have been able to play longer. They even had a raffle at the concert where people could bring hygiene items to donate to Road Home for a ticket. They gave away things like signed albums, t-shirts, and last but not least a set list from Wed night's show signed by the whole band.

And guess who won the set list? Yours truly. It was pretty sweet.

Here's a pic of Mae's lead singer, Dave Elkins taken from my phone during the show.













This isn't the best picture, but here we are with Dave after the show. He was so nice!















Thanks for a great night, Dane! I love you.

3 comments:

Abbie said...

Happy Birthday B! Looks like it was fantastic! That cake looks amazing as well. And is that picture below stretched b/c Dane looks really really skinny... Good!! but skinny.

Robnz Fam said...

That Dane must really love you lots. ;o) i'm so glad you had some great bday fun! Seth and I were going to bring you a bowl of ice cream (since we brought Dane a popsicle) but we decided bugs might get in it on the way over. So as soon as we buy a box of popsicles, we'll be bringing you one by.

Jeanna said...

I agree, week-long bday celebrations rock! I'm in the middle of my week-long celebration so I feel I can honestly concur!

Glad you had such a great time...yes, your husband is pretty great! Love ya!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...