Thursday, June 4, 2009

thirsty, anyone?



So, I am pretty sure that almost everyone who reads this has already heard about the new Surf'n Slurp in town...or at least heard that Dane finally got a job! YEAH! We are so happy, for a number of reasons:

1. Of course the benefit of two paychecks coming in.
2. It is close, meaning Dane can ride his bike which is nice because it is basically his only form of transportation these days.
3. He gets to work with great people, and pretty much get's payed for socializing
4. He has something to help the long hours that I am gone pass. For example, it is not rare for me to get home from work around 10:30 or 11:00 at night, and I cannot tell you how happy it makes me to know that he is now going to be busily working just about that late as well--That might have sounded weird, but now he is not just waiting around with his lonely self waiting for me. Major bonus.
5. I think that there is something deep down in his husband self that makes Dane feel good to be able to be providing for our little family as well.



Anyway, it is just happiness all around! Oh, did I mention he is working at the Surf'n Slurp? It's the new cool place to go! It is just on about 3200 N Canyon Road in the parking lot of Day's Market on the way to Timpview High School. If any of you get a chance to stop by, this is what you may just see:


This is where you can place an order:

And pick-up:

It's a pretty snazzy little hut, designed to look like a life-guard hut--They did a pretty good job huh? We are happy to have good jobs and to have the time we do have to spend together. Life is going well, we are busy, but really can't complain!

3 comments:

Aunt Beth said...

So, Dane, can you stand up straight in it with a few inches to spare? I sure hope so.

Aunt Beth

Haylee said...

Hey B! That is so funny that you made those and didn't love them either!! My mom gave me the recipe but discouraged me from making them because she didn't really like them that much either! ha ha!! They just sound so good, but end up being a dissapointment.

Emily said...

I had the funnest time when I was your age at 17 working at the sno cone shack! Good for you, I hope you have a great time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...