Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My new major and my new ride!

So, a few weeks ago I went on a bike ride with a friend from my ward. For those of you who may know my ward, it was Mike Smith. He has a road bike, and I had my ever so faithful "Silver Stallion" mountain bike from my mission. After this bike ride up the Provo River Trail, I caught a really bad fever...and the only cure was MORE BIKE RIDING! I have been riding my bike to school ever since Spring Semester started back in May.

Recently I have decided that I want to pursue my dream of being a Commercial Airline Pilot. I will transferring to Utah Valley University (UVU) in January to pursue a major in Aviation Science, with an emphasis in Professional Pilot. All but one of my classes will be out at the Provo Muni. Airport.

So, back to bikes. I decided I wanted to commute out to the airport (when the weather is good), and this desire was fed by high gas prices, a poor economy, and our current financial position.(a second car was once an option that I debated). Anywho, with a new found love a bike riding, I invested in a road bike. I've now had it for one week and have logged 50 miles on it...I went for a twenty mile ride this morning up the Provo River trail, and one other long ride out to Springville and back last week. I will be doing the Provo River Trail with Mike Smith again Thursday morning! I am very excited!

Now, for all you who worry "excessively" (and you know who you are! :) ) , I wear my helmet and have a flashing red light beneath my bum. I feel very safe, and I try to plan routes that don't have very much traffic.

Now, I am trying to come up with a suitable name for my new bike. Any suggestions are very welcomed! Thanks for reading our blog!!


This is a picture of Bridget and I, with the beloved "Silver Stallion" on the far left.


This is my new bike! Please post any name suggestions you may have!

8 comments:

Abbie said...

I don't call caring about your brains excessive worry FYI.

rmgrimmer said...

I think it should be called Adramalech 5000!!!! That would be cool, and you would be totally protected because it's a bible name!

Dale said...

I would call it "The Red Dart". It's fast and it's sleak, much like a dart is. It is going to be "darting" you back and forth to different locations. No need to compensate me if you decide to go with this one.

Jeanna said...

The Red Dragon, breathing fire wherever it goes. Plus with that sweet red light on your behind, its like fire is coming out of your ......hmmmm, I like it!

Ashley said...

I totally saw you riding your new bike this morning in front of our house! That bike is sweet- you were going super fast uphill!!!

Aunt Beth said...

Hats off to the Provo Smiths - getting lots of good exercise only to return to what looks like a brand-new home! Gosh, what a difference the siding made. That's always fun.

I'll need to put my thinking cap on re: name for bike. Is there a deadline? A prize?

Aunt Beth

Aunt Beth said...

Here are some bike name ideas:

Airplane Dane
The Wright Pilot
Red, White, Wright

Aunt Beth

jeraldean said...

I like the bike. I am very sure that Jennifer would be very jealous because she would really like a new bike. But at the same time she would be very, very excited for you. So maybe someday if I ever fly again you could be my pilot? That would be fun. On one of our flights to Washington DC
the pilot said that his dad was a passenger on the plane and he had never flown with his dad on one of his flights. He did very well and he had the best landing in all of the flights that we made in August!
I am not one for good names for anything but my children but isn't the bike silver? I like the name Silver Lightning.
Or is that already the brand name?
Aunt Jeraldean

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...