Thursday, January 26, 2012

Happy Birthday Lynlee!

I know I have not been the best at putting pictures up lately, so here is what you have all been waiting for.  Lots of pictures.
(I even forgot to put up an 11 month post for Lynlee, so that will be included here too.)

So the biggest news as far as what Lynlee has been learning so far, is that she is now a walker. Actually, she is starting to be a runner. :)  She took her first steps at 10 1/2 months and was walking all over pretty much by 11 months. 

She has started saying a few words here and there:  hi, bye, yeah, mama, dada, daddy, and ah-dah (all done).

She is starting to really like reading books with mom and dad and loves anything that she can take in/out of containers. 

11 months old

Enjoying one of her favorite foods



We had a little birthday celebration for her yesterday.  I knew the whole day was off to a great start when Lynlee slept in and we got to go wake her up with a birthday song:




The day was pretty normal, but Lynlee did get to open a few presents thanks to grandma!  and mom and dad! (We gave her the quiet book that I finished a little while ago, and she love it!)

Then we ended it with the classic go-to-town-on-a-piece-of-cake-in-your-highchair.  She was a little tentative at first, mostly I think because we have never put a piece of food that big on her tray before.  But after a little bit discovered the frosting.  And that was about it, to be honest.  I was expecting her to have it everywhere by the time we were done, but she must not have seen the same vision we had.









I still am amazed how quickly this last year has gone by.  We are so happy to have Lynlee in our lives and look forward to the next years!



7 comments:

Emalei Ambrosio said...

Yay! Happy birthday, sweet girl! This year has flown by!

Abbie said...

Oh my gosh, what a little cutie! I am so in love with her. Come out here so I can photograph her!!

Aleta said...

Cute! I love the picture of her tilting her head to the side to take a bite of cake, without touching it - how funny!

mom/Janet said...

I recognize the dried fruit drops. I thought it was a perfect gift because those babies are expensive. Darling pictures.

Aunt Beth said...

I love how her first approach to the cake is with her mouth only. Too funny. What a darling little bundle of a girl.

Aubrey said...

Happy Birthday to Lynlee! Can't believe she is already a year and walking. She is adorable.

Mindee said...

Happy birthday Lynley!! You are such a cutie! I love the pics of her eating the cake, no hands! That video made me smile so much, she is so sweet!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...