Wednesday, August 10, 2011

garden harvest

We have had an interesting time growing our garden this summer.  There are a lot of things that I have learned how to and how not to grow certain plants, which ones I think I could do again, and other I would be fine to continue buying at the grocery store.  Like herbs, for example.  Not worth it.  I couldn't seem to keep them under control.  Any advice on how to use them all summer with out them bolting out of control?  I trimmed them before they got to flower but after a while seemed like I had trimmed away the entire plant.

Anyway, here are a few things that did work VERY well that we have been excited to harvest so far:
broccoli!  This is from one of the 3 plants.

tomatillos!  These babies are going crazy!

Also not pictured: lots and lots of yummy, sweet cherry tomatoes!

4 comments:

Abbie said...

I am so jealous!!! I can't believe those tomatillos grew that much since last week. Crazy! PS. My word verification is: foode... coincidence? Nay.

Brittany said...

yum! i love fresh garden produce! especially tomatoes! and i am very impressed with your head of broccoli. well done!

Haylee said...

Two things. 1st, and most importantly--you look GORGEOUS in this picture! Not just pretty. GORGEOUS!!! Like drop dead!!

2nd- tomatillos!!? I didn't even know you could grow those here!! That will be on our growing list next year!

TC, Ashley said...

Wow I'm impressed. TC and I need help. NOTHING is growing in our garden. We think it may be because it is in our side yard and it is too shady. Any advice?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...