Thursday, February 10, 2011

2 Week Check-up


Photo by Dane's sister, Abbie, who graciously came and spent 5 days helping and hanging out with us.

Lynlee was 2 weeks old on Tuesday. Wow. Time has gone by so fast and yet in some ways I can't really imagine what we were like before we had her. I have a number of friends who had babies around the same time we did, and many of them have had medical problems (everything from tumors, eye infections, pneumonia, as well as nervously high jaundice levels..) come up in just the first few weeks of their lives. It has caused me to reflect on the blessing of health. I know Lynlee will not be sickness-free for her entire life, but I am grateful she is healthy. With Dane having everything from flu symptoms, a sore throat, sinus infection, runny nose and a cold, I feel like she has had a little bubble of protection just for the first few weeks of her life. And for that I am grateful.

I was really curious to see how much our little eater had grown at her check-up: she gained 6.5 oz in one week and 1/2" in length. So, she is still in the 18th percentile for weight and 78th for length. What girl doesn't want to be tall and skinny, right? I am having dreams already of her being a volleyball player!

7 comments:

Emalei Ambrosio said...

Oh, she's adoraaaaaaaaaaable! Can't wait to see the rest of the pics!

Abbie said...

Wow, what a fun time I had with you all. It was so fun to be there with the three of you and to get to spend some quality time with little L.M. :) I love her so much!!

Emily said...

You are so cute. I am so happy that things are going well for you. I can't wait to come see you tomorrow night! I LOVE the picture that abie took of her! Awesome.

Love ya

mom/Janet said...

AND she continues to grow. Makes me sad but yet look forward to see what her personality will be like.

Aubrey said...

That's a great picture! She is adorable.

Sophia Films said...

Awwww! so very cute. I'm glad I can see pictures of her on here. I'm glad she's healthy too, there are lots of colds going around right now.
Congrats to you guys, i'm so happy for you!

Rach said...

She is so BEAUTIFUL! CONGRATS!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...