Friday, December 17, 2010

Baby Shower

Last Saturday, some of my great friends threw a baby shower for me. It was so much fun to see everyone there, play a fun game and have some amazing food. It is always a little weird for me to be at a party for myself, but it was so fun. I just tried to think about it as a non-birthday party for our little girl who is on her way is 5 weeks! yikes.

Anyway, thank you sooooo much to everyone who came and to everyone who put so much planning and time into it. Especially because we had to change the time and date a few times because of my grandpa's funeral. You were all so amazing.

Here's some pics from the day:
Of course we opened presents :) I love these little shoes!





This was one of our faves. My friend Naomi made a little blanket that said "Daddy's little girl" on the front with a really cute pink pattern with ducks. I knew that Dane would love it because he loves ducks, but then I turned it over to see why he would really love it. And he did. And the first thing he said was, "It's sad, but I could name all of these different planes."




Here with some of my greatest friends from my BYU days. We all met our freshman year, me, Haylee (expecting her 2nd), Jessica (also expecting her second), and Lindsay who has been married only a few months.




These two girls are 2 of my other faves from my BYU days. Laura and Jordan, who I meet in Art Ed. They were my vice presidents for our art ed organization, NAEA BYU student chapter. Laura teaches ceramics at American Fork HS, and Jordan is teaching art at a charter school in West Jordan.




And last but not least, I had to share this. When Haylee and I were roommates our sophomore year, for some reason, we stuffed clothes in our shirts and pretended to be pregnant. (She is frowning because she isn't married.) Now that we are both pregnant and due basically the same day, we had to take a real one :).



4 comments:

mom/Janet said...

What? No pictures of the cute clothes...etc that you received. All I can say is.......I bet you feel alot different now than you did when you stuffed things in your clothes way back when.

Matt and Becca said...

Looks like it was a success! So sad I couldn't make it... Good luck in your last weeks/days! And Merry Christmas!

Aunt Beth said...

What thoughtful friends you have, including Dane's interests in the gifts given. Sounds like a special group of friends.

Along with everyone else I can't wait to see the newest little Smith. Dane will have to be in charge of the blog for a while to keep all of us posted since we'll be dying to see how everyone is doing.

Good luck with everything and Happy New Year!

Haylee said...

I love us. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...