Monday, March 15, 2010

RODEO HOUSTON!


Last week, we went with some friends to the Houston Rodeo. Just to let you know, this is no ordinary rodeo. It is huge! In the spirit of "everything's bigger in Texas" it may just be the largest rodeo in the nation. It has been going on all month long and brings competitors from all over North America. They have a HUGE carnival that made me feel like I was at Lagoon, and best of all: after the rodeo each night, they have concerts. If you like country music, pretty much everyone who is anyone comes to perform at Rodeo Houston. Wednesday night, last week, we got to see, my favorite: Rascal Flatts!!!

Before the Rodeo started though, we did go and see some of the other highlights too.

This was Dan's favorite part, the pig races. They were so cute!



We had to go check out the livestock show. I am just joking here, it actually didn't smell at all. That was a surprise.



Got some good 'ol Texas BBQ.



And of course, did some mullet hunting. Yikes.



The rodeo was really fun. I loved watching the bareback riders and the stagecoach races (These pics are obviously not ones that we could have taken from our seats).







But my favorite event, they saved for last: sheep riding! These little kids we 5-6 yeas old and all they did was hold on for dear life. So cute.



Last but not least, the concert was amazing! A few Days before we went, Dane asked me to play some Rascal Flatts in the car so that he would recognize it at the concert. It made me smile to look over and see him sign'n along to some of the songs. That is something I never thought would happen.

That's really them all the way down there, I promise. :)

8 comments:

Melissa DeLeon said...

FUN! I like your flannel shirts to get in the spirit of the rodeo.
Especially love the candid mullet photo. :D

mom/Janet said...

I think these kind of things are so fun. A little different than normal and makes life exciting.

Aubrey said...

Your outfits were perfect for a rodeo. Love the braids.

Jeanna said...

I've heard great things about that rodeo, man that looks like a ton of fun!

Glad you're enjoying TX while you're there.

Always be on the look out for the mullet......

Aunt Beth said...

Like Aubrey, I was impressed how you did your hair up to fit right in. You go girl!

Laura said...

whoa - that stadium is huge! and you're right those kids holding on to the sheep - so cute and maybe just a little bit terrifying :)

KasiaJ said...

Ooooo, I am jealous- I love rodeos. We should go the Lehi one once you guys get back out here!

The Jones Family said...

So this is what you ditched Elder Jager and George for.... can't blame you it looks way fun!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...