Monday, April 16, 2012

Bridget's Triathlon



It isn't very often that I take the time to brag about my self on this blog.  For the most part, everything on here has been about my family, and lately, Lynlee.  Well, I have to take a chance to record a major goal that I finally completed this last weekend.  I completed my first triathlon!  It is something that I have wanted to do for a long time, and finally set my mind to it earlier this year.  And I have to say that I have caught the bug.  This will most definitely not be my last!

Here is my classic "before the race" picture.  I have to say that these are my two biggest, best fans.  Thanks so much for coming out to cheer for me Dane and Lynlee!  And also to my dear sister Kathy who took all of these great pictures!


 And here is the "after the race" shot.  Just made it out of the pool, (it was a reverse-tri) still feeling great!


So here is how it all went down:  run 3.1 mi, bike 10 mi, and then swim .25 mi. 
Just finished my run!  One down, two to go!

Getting my shoes changed for the bike

Off onto the bike portion, this was my strongest leg of the race.  (Don't worry, I did indeed buckle my helmet before I made it onto the road.)


My adoring fans waiting for me to come in from the bike ride.

Run and now bike down, time for a swim!

I don't have any pictures of the swim, but just to make up for it, I decided to show off my muscles to make you all feel better. :)

So, I have never, ever posted this many pictures of myself and to be honest, it feels a little silly, so don't worry, I won't do it again any time soon.

Over all, the race was a ton of fun.  I learned really good things about myself for my next triathlon and I know now how to adjust my training.  I met my goal and finished a little faster than I expected, finishing 3rd in my age group and 21st in the women.  It felt really great.  Thanks to everyone for all your support and and encouragement!

8 comments:

Devin, Naomi and Spencer said...

Please post about yourself more often! I love it. You look amazingly thin by the way! And so fit, way to go on the triathalon what an accomplishment. Miss you bridget!

Naomi

mom/Janet said...

You look strong after the finish. Way to go.

Aubrey said...

Congrats Bridget! That's a huge accomplishment and a lot of work. Great job!

Melissa DeLeon said...

Yay Bridget! If it were me, I would definitely be bragging too. :) Well done!

Aleta said...

Way to go Bridget!

Whitmore Family said...

You are amazing! Way to go! I don't know if I could ever go through with something like that...as much as I wish I could.

Aunt Beth said...

Jealous of those arm muscles! Good for you.

Rachel said...

Way to go Bridget! What an awesome accomplishment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...