Saturday, February 14, 2009

cold toes and valentines


All in all, it has been an extraordinary weekend.  For everyone who has been wanting to ask, but to nice to approach me: yes, I did get a job!  I am very excited about it.  It is going to be a challenge, keep me very busy, but be very rewarding.  I am excited to work for a great company with great people and have the opportunity to push myself to succeed and work hard.  It is good to have something to do with myself and to feel like someone out there thinks that I will be a valuable member of their team.  Yeah for getting a job and feeling like a contributing member of society!

So, onto other things,
Have any of you ever experienced bad circulation?  Well, I am a victim of this sad syndrome...if you can even call it that.  And needless to say, Dane has become victim to my icy cold toes each night as I slide under the sheets in search of warmth.  He has on multiple occasions mentioned great concern for the health and well being of my toes and circulation system.  So sweet.  He is patient and loving and so he has time after time put up with the ice-chilling torture of warming my feet at night.  This is all very important background information.

So, we (actually Dane) decided to celebrate Valentine's Day Friday night instead of fighting through the crowds on Saturday.  Genius if you ask me.  So, when I got home from a day of substitute teaching on Friday he came out the car to great me with a blind-fold.  He then took me into the bedroom where he made me wait until things were "ready."  A few minutes later, Dane came back into the bedroom, the blind-fold went back on, and he brought me out the the kitchen to sit at the table to see his presentation, where he had laid out a beautiful arrangement of little kind gestures.  Chocolate-covered cinnamon-bears.  Enchanted, rented from the local video store.  A gerbera daisy plant, that will hopefully not die in a week.  Pink frosted sugar cookie hearts from Smart Cookie, where else?  And a very cute purse/bag, have I mentioned my husband's great taste?  yeah, better than mine.  Oh, and inside the bag was a very large box of foot warmers, those little bags of sand that stay warm for up to 6 hours. 

Those are to keep my feet warm at night.  He is so cute.  
There are actually some in my socks as I write this.  
What a great weekend.  We stayed home tonight, worked on homework and prepared a lesson for church tomorrow.  And we dipped strawberries in chocolate.

I am so grateful for a loving husband.  Really the best I could ever ask for.  He is amazing.  I am grateful to know that we can be together as a family forever.  I am grateful for the temple and for the Lord's mercies in my life.  Life is good.  The Lord is good.  

3 comments:

Cherlyn said...

So, What's the job? Just curious. I think you would be an awesome art teacher, but is that what it is?

maggie-t said...

Congrats on getting your job! It is actually kind of funny b/c I saw Dane a couple of weeks ago at the store looking for foot warmers. I am glad your feet will be warmer at night.lol.

Michelle Olson said...

Hey Bridget- Nate's sister/Dane's former seminary teacher. Nate told me about Dane flying and all, (congrats, by the way) so I decided to check out your blog. I just wanted to tell you that I have the icy, cold, bone chilling feet also. My husband graciously allows me to heat them up with his warm legs, but I will tell you a little trick I use. I keep my blow dryer by my bed, and at night I spend a couple of minutes heating up my feet!!! Wierd, I know. But it works, and I can't fall asleep with my cold feet, so I have to use my handy dandy blow dryer!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...