Thursday, November 13, 2008




For those of you who read the Daily Universe, (I am not sure how many of you there are out there....) and for those of you who don't, I would like to draw your attention to today's first page. This article was written about my amazing sweetheart and the efforts that he has decided to take to make a difference in the life of a baby who we don't even know.

A few weeks ago, we were introduces to the story of a 3 month old baby, Mia, the daughter of a family friend. She was in need of a new heart with lack of funds to get her there. Abbie, Dane's sister, has really been the front-runner of the family and really helped us all get excited to help out Mia. Although we gratefully found out that baby Mia has gotten a heart, her parents are still in great need of funds to cover medical costs. Several blogs have been started and other efforts are being made to help raise money for her, Abbie is going to do a run-a-thon to collect money, and Dane was so inspired to ride his bike! He has started a Facebook group: "The 'Help baby Mia' bike-a-thon."

I am so touched every time I think about her story and the miracles that have taken place so far to preserve her life. I am even more moved by the love that people have shown in their desire to help. The people in this world amaze me sometimes!

Abbie is planning on having an auction, and I will be donating some painted shoes to be auctioned. Stay tuned at wehelpmia.blogspot.com for more updates on the auction!

3 comments:

Abbie said...

Dude. Dane, you rock!! I'm so excited to hear more about your bike-a-thon. I will be sure to mention it on my blog once I get home to VA.

Aunt Beth said...

Let me just say I am humbled (ok, and proud) to be related to such throughtful people. Hats off!!

Aunt Beth

made sweet said...

Thanks for sharing! you guys are great.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...